Thursday, November 23, 2006

2006 11 03 And, it's about 52 days 'til Christmas

Not like heaping my "wood" on my already overloaded fire! LOL

Looking forward to the holidays is so much different when you have small kids. I'm amazed by the "consciouness" I have of creating a particular feeling, sense of history, of tradition now that I have little ones. Since I had very little sense of "history" and tradition growing up, not to mention very little church-going, I'm already thinking about ways to instill some of that Christ-centered specialness about Thanksgiving and Christmas in my little Vikings.

Also, I am still pain-free two weeks after God healed my back! (See previous post.) Praise Him! All the glory is His!!

Things are much the same around here...busy, busy, busy. I'm halfway through teaching my part of a college-level "preachin' and teachin'" course at our local Bible school. Two weeks down, two weeks to go. Been disappointed by some of the students not finishing assignments but I suppose that could be for a number of reasons.

Also, I'm halfway through taking my sociology course which will renew my State of Michigan teaching certification. I got 98 out of 100 on my second test. Yippee!! And, there's something odd about taking a college class like this so many years after my first time through nearly 20 years ago. Having WAY more problems with the liberal college mindset and soiciology texts telling me about "conservatives" are intolerant and discriminate against women and that all cultures, religions, and beliefs are just as "right" as all the others.*sigh* Hard to study this information when it makes me so uneasy.

My little Vikings are doing well too. Both still fighting the change-of-season sniffles. This is the fourth cold in 8 weeks. *sigh* But, nothing too major. It seems to bother me more than them! LOL Viking #1 wants Da Daddy to teach her how to ice skate once the snow comes for good (Egads! She's only 2 1/2!). Potty training is going well with some struggles still in the "solids" department. Meanwhile, number #2 is pulling himself up and getting into everything even more. He'll be 10 months tomorrow. Where has this year gone? I can't believe I'll be done nursing him in about 8 weeks! It can't be time already! *sniff,sniff*

So, that's how things are here. Anxious to get caught up with everyone here. Number #1 is at Grandma's today and Number #2 is napping so I'm off to read blogs! Hugs to all! Have a great weekend!

No comments: