Wednesday, November 22, 2006

2006 05 08 Do all dogs really go to Heaven?

*sigh* My four-legged "son" appears to be losing his battle with kidney disease. My poor little Corgi is only five years old and the calcification of his kidneys started about a year ago. We were told it is a chance with this breed plus he was the little runt and the lone survivor of his litter. Rolle wasn't expected to make it 'til Christmas. And, here we are nearly five months past that. He's such a good and smart little guy. I'm so bummed. It seems like I "just" had to put my poor little 13 year old kitty to sleep 3 years ago. I don't know if I can do this again so soon. I also don't know how to go about telling my 2 year old what inevitably will be happening and where Rolle went. Any moms who have been through this, I would really appreciate any advice you have on this subject.

No comments: