Tagged from Callapidder Days...
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? No Santa at our house but, growing up, Santa wrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White pre-lit on an artificial tree. None on the house.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. Don’t even know what it looks like! LOL
5. When do you put your decorations up? Trying for a tradition of the first Saturday in December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Ham
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Honestly, having trouble thinking of one. Isn’t that awful?
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Don’t remember
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not ‘til I got married so now one gift is opened on Christmas Eve
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Right now it’s mostly stuff I collected, had passed down, or had given to me as a single girl. Haven’t really gained too many since I got married or since the kids arrived.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Depends – the good fluffy stuff where I am now? Love it! The nasty damp stuff I grew up with? NOT!
12. Can you ice skate? Use to – now I’m just an ER trip waitin’ to happen. LOL
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Not really but I know that one that I remember fondly because I just passed it down to my daughter is the doll house my dad made me when I was about 9.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Re-discovering the simple joys and setting traditions for our kids
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My sister-in-law’s “Dirt Cake” – think crushed Oreoes and “fluff” in layers in a trifle dish/bowl.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? This is hard since I’m transitioning from being someone’s only child and being a mom myself. This may sound funny but I always looked forward to the bag of pistachios in the toe of my stocking growing up. Munching nuts after all the gift opening while reading instructions, manuals, taking off tags, etc.
17. What tops your tree? Has been an lighted angel for several years but it is acting as her nightlight right now in my 2 year old’s room right now. So, probably won’t have one this year.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? It’s probably a tie between “Away in the Manger” and “The First Noel”20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?? Yum!
And, "Tempest/Coppertop"...consider yourself tagged! LOL