Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday Thanks Tank

Inspired by Peach and the ladies of Thankful Thursday - hosted this week by Laurel.

I'm gonna take this on a little different "bunny trail" this week. LOL Have you ever had your pastor preach a message you felt like he/she did because he/she had spoken to you that week and was using something you said or something that's going on in your life to create the message? LOL Well, last night that happened to me! If no one else had shown up for midweek service, that message would have been "just mine"! *wink*

So, for today, I'm SO very thankful for my pastor! Hooray for this man of God! And, how he can manage to get 40+ minutes of material out of 3 verses amazes me! *wink*

All the following "nuggets" are from Colossians 1.9-12. These nuggets hit me right between the eyes, inspired me, convicted me (just a bit! *wink*), gave me peace about our pending changes, and changed around my whole rotten attitude I had all day yesterday. I'm thankful for them all:

1. Saying "what's God's will for me?" focuses too much on the "me". If you simply pray "what's God's will?", your part in it will become clear.

2. The highest kind of knowledge is the knowledge of what God wants.

3. The will of God is not always easy, but it is ALWAYS right!

4. You will often receive knowledge from God in a series of events around you and/or in your life as opposed to a direct answer to "what's Your will, Lord?"

5. God WANTS to tell you something - and it may come from the most unlikely of sources...even an unbeliever, critic, or enemy.

6. If we insist on skipping right to His answer with regards to our prayer request, we bypass the character building that He wants for us in waiting on Him.

7. God's will is going on all around you! He never stops - He's just waiting for you to see, hear, and understand.

8. A life that is worthy and pleasing to Him doesn't come from trying harder...it comes from trusting God!

9. What are the signs of someone who is supercharged with the awesome power of God? They have patience as it applies to problems and endurance as it applies to people.

10. The last characteristic of a worthy and pleasing life? GIVING THANKS! *wink*

So, visit Peach today to see what she's listed and also stop by Laurel's place today for Thankful Thursday. She even has cookies!

13 comments:

Lori said...

Don't you love it when a Pastor is speaking right to you, you walk away with your heart full and things to ponder for days to come!!

I like it when you said, "The will of God is not always easy, but it is ALWAYS right!"

Amen!!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for the condensed sermon you posted! Rich! Blessings...

Anonymous said...

Lovely thoughts! Thanks for sharing.

Pam said...

Great points. Thanks for sharing these.

Changed by His Love said...

Ha! I bet I can just see you sitting there thinking "God? I got it, okay? I got it!" That's awesome. Thanks for sharing a message from your pastor that touched you, I needed it. Obedience - Not always easy, but always worth it!

Unashamed said...

This is AWESOME stuff. Outstanding! Your pastor must be a real treasure, and isn't in wonderful when His Servant brings a word that seems custom-designed for you?

Blog is no more said...

I loved this! God does speak through the unsaved, critics and all. (No. 5 on the list)I found that to be true this week. I heard something from someone that I did not want to hear, but yet have since been convicted about. This person is unsaved who said the awful thing to me..

Debbie said...

This is definitely food for the soul today! I would like to use this for an outline for teaching, if you don't mind....

Mary said...

I LOVE nuggets! Thanks for sharing! Blessings on your day.

Denise said...

I love this, very good.

The Open Range Camping Family said...

Your blessed to have a great pastor. I loved the thing about praying God's will for "me" putting too much focus on "me" - very convicting - in a good way!

Tarrah said...

What a beautiful list. I am currently doing the "Experiencing God" bible study which is going really deep into this subject. It's amazing.

Have a beautiful weekend!

Hopeful Spirit said...

That's a GREAT list. I am printing it out and putting it up here by my computer.