Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Linky Love and Thank You!

OH! MY! WORD!

Can I say that I have never tried a recipe recently that went over SO well with DaHubby, Flicka, Pojke, DaGrandma, and DaPapa all in one day?! *wink*

THANK! YOU! SHARON!

We tried her Mountain Dew Pound Cake. DaHubby L.O.V.E.S. Mountain Dew and doesn't get it often since I can't stand the stuff and, of course, I do all the shopping! The original plan was to have it ready when he arrived home from his weekend away. But, when he came home 18 hours early and in the middle of the night (LOL), I missed the chance to do it for him.

So, I tackled it yesterday! But, initially all I saw was the ingredient list. And, unfortunately, I didn't read carefully enough and I'm still a rookie with desserts and....ARG...I don't own a bundt pan or a tube pan! *sigh* So, after consulting with my sweet 70+ yr old neighbor, we concocted a method to cook it in a 9 by 13 instead. (Sorry, Sharon! *wink*) But...

OH! MY! WORD!

Can I suggest Sharon's other recipes which she has started a habit of posting on Tuesdays? How 'bout her greens and cornbread? Or how 'bout her no-Peek Chicken & Rice Casserole? Another one I've yet to try is her chocolate chip pancakes! Here's a fruit salad recipe that sounds interesting.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Sharon for a wonderful dessert!

1 comment:

Blog is no more said...

Wow! Thanks for the compliment!(bashful) These are just things that I make for my own family. I'm glad that others find them interesting enough to try. Cooking is easy, practice makes perfect! You should see some of my messes!!