Monday, July 2, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday - the "baby" cabinet

Well, I've been in denial as well as lazy about this cupboard. This cupboard is where I've stored all of Pojke's "food gear:" a few bottles (I primarily nursed), bottle nip*les and rings, what little formula we used, spoons, baby bowls, cereal, baby food, etc. Considering he's been off jar and/or homemade baby food for over 6 months, this tackle was WAY over due! LOL

Plus, with the current "kid kitchen gear" accumulating for the two of them, it was sloppily taking over two cabinets and DaHubby couldn't tell where anything went and I was walking from one end of the kitchen to the other trying to gather dishes at the oh-so-calm time of dishing out dinner! LOL


So, I give you some before shots:

The "baby cabinet" among my cluttered "cooking supplies" and some of my spices.

Then, my "dishes cabinet" with some "kid stuff" plus some more spices.

Decided there was no need for all this stuff to be split in both areas so I purged the no-longer-needed baby stuff; all the spices and cooking stuff went in the one cabinet; and the dishes all went in the other with one shelf desginated just for the kids.

The after shots:



The cooking cabinet with the spices...yes, alphabetized! LOL And, I used a piece of scrap oak DaHubby had laying around the garage to make a "shelf" so the spices were "layered" and their labels readable.

And, finally, the dishes cabinet. Storage stuff up high. The bowls all on one shelf and all dishes on another (what a DUH! Why didn't I think of that before? LOL) And, the lower right shelf is all the Vikings' stuff!

So, visit 5 Minutes For Mom to see more Tackle It Tuesday projects today.

8 comments:

Blog is no more said...

Great job Beth! Good idea about the spices, may try that one. I hate to admit how mine are stored - in a shoebox in my cabinet!! LOL
Have a great week!

Jodi said...

Great job!! I too organize my spices aphabetically too!

Have a great Tuesday!
♥ Jodi

palmtreefanatic said...

this looks so awesome! super tackle!

mistihollrah said...

Great job! Kitchen organizing is one of my favorite things to do!

I'm tackling my household inventory notebook today!

Kathleen said...

Looks awesome!

I just did my very first tackle today!

Anonymous said...

That looks great! Wonderful job! I love the adaptation for the spice shelf.

Anonymous said...

Great job! My cabinets are the bane of my existence. lol...

AnnaLiza said...

looks really good!
great job!