Monday, July 30, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday: small but needed

OK, this probably is the smallest tackle I've done but I find that it's made me smile everytime I've open that cabinet door since. I have a funky little sink in the corner of my kitchen. The up side? Two beautiful high windows. The down side? A deep, dark, dank space where things can be lost, fall over, etc. So, I give you....the sink!

Before:

Half these supplies came with the house 2+ years ago and I've never used them! Ugh!

And, then, the after...with two simple plastic shoeboxes. Clutter contained. Peace restored. And, I'm able to find everything without digging around in a dark under-cabinet! Yea, me! LOL

Go visit 5 Minutes For Mom today for more tackles!

10 comments:

Karen said...

Undersink areas collect so much clutter! Great job with your tackle.
I had to laugh at that first picture. It looks like your sink is draining right into that white jug! I had to look very very closely to figure that one out! :)

Unashamed said...

Oddly, I don't keep a whole lot under my kitchen sink. The garage is right off the kitchen and there is a shelving unit right outside the door. That's where my kitchen clutter congregates.

Blog is no more said...

Go girl!! I keep my "stuff" under the sink in a cardboard box. I like the clear shoeboxes better, it looks neater.

Lauren said...

Great job! It's often the small tackles that bring me the most relief.

Susanna Rose said...

Great job! Those boxes really to the trick in keeping the supplies organized and give and all around tidy look!:)

Shari said...

Looks great. Isn't it funny how you forget what you even have when things get cluttered? Good job, even small tackles make life better.

Debbie said...

Hmmm....that is a neat trick. Plastic containers.

I'm going to give a small plug here. Comet is the greatest for cleaning sinks and counters. Kitchen or bath and it is so affordable.

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

I HATE under the sink too - it's so dark down there no matter WHERE your sink is - and frankly our's is always cluttered - yours looks great now what a good idea! :)

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love plastic shoeboxes, I think I use them for everything. lol.. I'm hosting a Tackle contest on my blog. Stop on by!

Debbie said...

Beth, check your email please. :)