Tuesday, July 17, 2007

God's Fingerprints - part one

(I was going to try and get this all down in one post but with Sara's good example with telling of her youngest's birth story (*wink*) I'll do it in parts today as I get the chance. Thanks for your patience!)

I can see the fingerprints of god
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of god
And I know it’s true
You’re a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you’re covered with the fingerprints of god

In this case, it was a "what" instead of a "who".

Despite the best intentions of my parents (who were probably initially mortified at the thought of what their eldest, independent daughter was considering), I decided to walk away for an undetermined amount of time from a budding and promising career in teaching once DaHubby and I met. From the day we met until 345 days later when we wed, God did an amazing work in both of us. I have never felt such a move of God in my life until that point. It was clear to me that DaHubby was an answer to prayer. God's fingerprints were all over it.

Before our meeting, DaHubby had been "off the wagon" in terms of church attendance. I was attending church regularly but didn't feel the "fit" or the "fire" where I was worshipping that I so longed for. We were perfect complements to each other - DaHubby gave the fire of his Pentecostal background to me and I gave him back his regular attendance! LOL

We were married 2 weeks before the end of a school year. After much conversation, prayer, and consideration, we decided that I would finish that year of teaching and then I would not work in the fall, I would stay at home, and I would start having babies! Despite the idea going against everything I had been taught and experienced, I really felt deeply that this is what God wanted me to do. His fingerprints were all over it!

to be continued...

No comments: