In honor of Peach and the ladies of Thankful Thursday...
No specific list this week...just an observation. Before I was familiar with the Biblical call to tithe, I really misunderstood all that was involved. Faithfulness and honoring on our part. Provision on His. "Small" things like that. LOL
Then, I began hearing stories about how the money of folks who tithed was seemingly going farther. Those that gave God the first 10% found that the remaining 90% could be stretched beyond logical, natural explanations.
In the interest of transparency, there are times DaHubby and I have tithed and there are times we have not. But, when we did, I finally experienced that supernatural provision for myself. But, that's another story.
Well, the last 2.5 months, we have been doing Financial Peace University as I've talked about here, here, and here. Yesterday, we hit a milestone. We completed baby step number one! We have an emergency fund with $1000 in it!
And, during the last few weeks, we've noticed a few things...
We seem to be getting fewer bills in the mail. When I open our mail, there's a little basket in the kitchen into which all the bills go to be filed in an organizer by due date. I barely have anything to file the last couple paydays. And,...
We seem to have more money than we can spend! LOL Proportionally speaking, I mean, considering 3 months ago we were going $100-200 in the hole each month. For example, got done grocery shopping yesterday and realized that even after a regular trip, I had $16 dollars left. If you think that's no big deal, keep in mind I'm only budgeting $65 a week!
And, since the Vikings have had monies budgeted for them to earn a quarter here and there for things they do around the house, there was money to spare when both got to pick out a new toy all for themselves at Family Dollar yesterday.
And, when we got done paying all the bills written in our FPU cash flow plan yesterday (DaHubby gets paid on Wednesday if you were wondering), I had over $100 left! There had to be a mistake! DaHubby and I checked the numbers over and over and realized that it probably had to do with the fact that we had to pay a bill last week for about that amount that wasn't scheduled to get paid until this week. Anyway, that extra $100 topped out the emergency fund! Two weeks earlier than planned! Wa-hoo!
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've come to realize that remembering that it is ALL God's and He is only asking for 10% of it "back" has increased my thankfulness for whatever portion He allows me to manage.
And, right now it feels like He approves. Praise Him! I'm thankful beyond words.