Monday, November 5, 2007

All Ahead Go!

Do you have a pastor that immediately upon preaching his message makes you want to dig deeper into God's word? I do! And, I am SO thankful for it! After feeling a little "lost" the last few Sundays, our pastor (who has been absent much lately due to a loss in the family out of state and other outside commitments) was back! Large and in charge! *wink* Great preachin' at its best!

Also, Pastor gave a much sought-after update on our head elder who was injured on October 28th during a fall from a ladder while cleaning his gutters. After two surgeries on broken vertebrae, he's been moved out of the critical care unit and has regained nearly all the feeling except for in his feet! Praise God!

Pastor had talked to Brother K before church Sunday morning and shared his planned message with K. After which, Brother K told Pastor to tell the church - "All Ahead Go!"

All Ahead Go!

Ever since - I can not get Casting Crowns "I Will Praise You In This Storm" out of my head!

And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm


Brother K and his wife are our marriage and financial mentors. And, even more so now, they are our faith mentors! Despite all he, his body, and his family have been through the last nine days - they are praising God! Praising Him through it and in spite of it!


Amen, amen, amen!

So, what are you supposed to be "gettin' down to"? Is there something that needs a little elbow grease in your life? Are you hesitating before a large emotional cliff, waiting for the courage for that leap of faith?

All Ahead GO!

1 comment:

GiBee said...

Great post, Beth. Very encouraging, indeed!! Praise God for the good report on Brother K!!