Saturday, November 17, 2007

Pensieve's Poetic License

OK, I had WAY too much fun with this! LOL

While poking around at Kelly's site, I saw she was participating in a monthly meme that will stretch my slowly decaying poetry skills. As the one of the biggest English geeks I know (as someone who used to write TONS of poetry and LOVES teaching Shakespeare), I am ALL over this exercise!

This month's theme and form is thankfulness and the limerick! LOL (I'm sure NO ONE I know IRL thinks this is NEARLY as cool as I do! LOL) Anyway, just completed mine a few minutes ago:

In living, God's way is my goal
And given to Him is my soul
So thankful I'll be
That all those may see
God's praises are great to extol

OK, Shakespeare I'm not! *wink*

Anyway, pop over to Robin's site on Monday the 19th when she puts up the Mr. Linky for all the results and see what other "thankful limericks" everyone else created!

12 comments:

Kelly Curtis said...

This is so fun! Great Limerick, Beth! Robin will be so excited to see you're spreading the word!

Pamela said...

Now thats delightfully thankful prose.
You English geeks are toooo much!!

But I'll forgive you (:

Anonymous said...

Beth, STANDING OVATION from me! I guess I'm a geek, too, 'cause I will probably write a few of these before all is said and done.

The thing is, with yours...you've managed to write a limerick about God that doesn't sound trite! Awesome, girlieQ! My mental attempts so far seem to trivialize the King of Kings, and goodness knows, while I may be irreverent, I would NEVER want to do THAT!

You've inspired ME!

(enough exclamation marks?? ha! Guess that's just the excitement seeping in).

Thanks for playing along...so far I'm absolutely lovin' this :).

Hootin Anni said...

I'm Irish, so I thought limericks are to be humorous...LOL [go figure]

I LOVE yours!!! That one is great. good job

So, I probably goofed, 'cause mine is posted early and a funny one. I guess. *shrug* LOL

Anonymous said...

Very nicely done.

Anonymous said...

Very nice - of course, I went the way as Hootin' Anni did - humor

PearLady said...

*clap, clap, clap* very nice.

Anonymous said...

Your limerick is perfect!

I agree with Robin.

Karina said...

This was great!!! Very well done!

Mine is up at my Creative Karina blog.

Jubilee on Earth said...

I love this limerick! It flowed really nicely! Great blog, and I'm looking forward to going back and reading more.

Thanks for stopping by mine -- I can't for next month's poem! (Aren't we such nerds? LOL)

Maria
www.jubileeonearth.com

Junebug said...

Very good poem. I have a poem entitled "Thankful Be" but I can't find it. If I do I will post it Thursday. :D

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh, I am so glad that I wrote mine before I read some of y'all's! That is outstanding!