Wednesday, August 15, 2007

WFMW: sneaky nail cutting

OK, I admit. This isn't a major revelation. But, when I found myself is a quiet van yesterday after lunch and had the thought "cool, NOW I can cut his nails!" (LOL) I thought it might be a WFMW moment!

One of the best suggestions I got as a first-time mom with Flicka after stressing and stressing about cutting her sharp and tiny nails was to wait 'til she was sleeping. Well, I will admit this now for all to see...I still do it with Pojke at 18 months! LOL


Trying to cut that boy's nails while he's awake is like trying to give a feral cat a bath...in a blender...in a hurricane...well, you get the picture! So, I still just wait 'til he's dozed off at a convenient place and/or time and do it there. With him asleep, it probably takes less than a minute but the peace with which I can do it is priceless! And, no resulting scars, injuries, tears, etc. for either of us!

So, with Flicka at Grandma's and Pojke cutely snoring behind me, I pulled into the driveway, turned off the van, and opened his door. I grabbed the nail clippers and went to work as he dreamed of chasing puppies - or whatever toddler boys dream about!


It just still works for me!

Stop by Shannon's place today for more WFMW ideas.

2 comments:

Sarah @ Ordinary Days said...

The whole cat in a blender in a hurricane thing is so true!
I'll have to wait until Monkey is sleeping and give this a shot.

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

Totally agree - I could never do this when my kids were awake as toddlers. Only now that my son is 5 will he let me cut them, but I still have to be really fast!

Great tip! Here's mine.