Tuesday, August 14, 2007

An "A-ha" Moment...

Carmen is one of my favorite "deep thinking" bloggers. She's very interested in media and does solid reviews from a Christian worldview but she also writes posts that push my envelope beyond my daily worries of spilled juice and stained onesies. She's been busy lately and doesn't necessarily blog everyday but when she does...it's always good!

From her post yesterday quoting From The Rest of the Gospel: When the partial Gospel has worn you out by Dan Stone:

"God says you are a brand new creature. The old one died. You don’t look dead, you don’t feel dead, you don’t always act dead, but you’ve got to make up your mind: are you going to agree with God or are you going to debate Him? You may debate him, but you’re going to lose the debate. It’s not worth it. So in faith you agree with God: “Gosh, I read that, and it sounds too good to be true, but I’m going to believe that. I’m going to set my face to that.”

We're to just "give in" to God's will and His truth. And, like I've ask myself and others about the "born again" experience, is it really that simple? To step out in faith - for the first time or for the fortieth - is absolutely terrifying but absolutely thrilling. What feels better than being in God's will? NOTHING! So, is it that simple?

I'm thinking YES!

3 comments:

Carmen Andres said...

beth, thank you! and i agree, it is that simple! in fact, i think it boils down to that, this trusting God. it's a basic part of that Jesus creed: love God and love others. and if we are trusting (loving) God, then loving others comes easier. even my own two little vikings in the final throes of summer while my husband is on a business trip :)

GiBee said...

TOTALLY yes.... it is that simple!

Debbie said...

I enjoyed this.....

Because I still have problems with your page loading, I am going to comment for all the post..

That is the sweetest picture of you and Flicka.

She is a great photographer already!