Thursday, August 2, 2007

A Special Thursday Thanks Tank

I don't know where to begin.

While I've been blessed with at least two miracles (both of the Vikings' births were against the world's odds), I've been made more aware through my blogging experience this past 16 months that God's "little" miracles are all around me: whether someone is witnessing or testifying to one that occurred to them or someone's post has opened my downcast or ungrateful eyes upward to see the outpouring the Lord has put before me.

I've been fortunate in my life to never have been aware of much "want" in my life. Despite huge hurdles, my mom continued to support herself and me following her divorce from my dad nearly 30 years ago. Despite her having to tell me "no" for one thing or another over the years, I always managed to find I had "enough."

Not since becoming a parent have I truly understood how scary being in need is.

Now, we are hardly in the poor house! But, things have gotten tighter and tighter as a myriad of issues push and pull on our finances. I mentioned to a fellow Sister recently that she shouldn't be self-conscious about needing a few things from her church's food pantry. I've needed to do it recently as well. God provides in one way or another and that's what a ministry like that is for.

Well, God provides one way or another...especially when someone is listening to His still voice and acts on His behalf.

Imagine my surprise when I found an unexpected email in my inbox yesterday. Someone is the blogosphere, someone I've know a relatively short time, someone who has never met me in person or talked to me on the phone decided to use PayPal to send me her "overflow" this week.

Now, I don't want to embarrass her plus I don't want someone to take advantage of her sweet, giving heart so she shall remain anonymous. But, she needs to know that DaHubby and I spent much of last evening bragging about her virtues to our family and we also spent much additional time discussing how in the world we could thank her. We're at a loss. So,...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! You've blessed us more than you know. You've built up faith and caused "stun" all around here by your generous giving.

And, then...I read another email.

Another Sister in the blogosphere had my babies and me on her mind recently at her church's rummage. And, she emailed recently to tell me that she is sending me some clothes she picked up for Flicka...no reimbursement required for the items or postage. Free!

*sigh*

And, what do I say to her? The same...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

If we ever meet on this side of Heaven, you both deserve many long, sweet, big bear hugs! If we don't meet until after that, I can't wait to spend eternity with two of the sweetest ladies I've never met. *wink*

And, thank you also to Peach and Iris for helping me to look up into the eyes of the One who provides.

10 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you dear one, your family is in my prayers.

Pam said...

Wow! What a blessing. I will continue to pray for God to bless your socks off!

Nise' said...

Praise the Lord for providing for all your needs in such exciting ways!

Anonymous said...

God is good. You have been richly blessed and it's good to read about it...

Lori said...

God is good, be blessed my friend.

Melanie said...

Wow! Isn't God good! It's amazing how He always provides for ALL of our needs!

Mary said...

God is so good...and so very faithful. Thanks for sharing the great testimonies! Blessings.

eph2810 said...

That is so awesome, Beth. God is good and He is using the Internet that we can minister to each other over distances....

Thank you so much for sharing your thankfulness and your heart with us this week.

Blessings to you and yours...

Tarrah said...

God is so Good! He provides exactly what we need.

God Bless! And have a beautiful weekend.

Hopeful Spirit said...

What blessings for you. Wonderful!