Friday, August 31, 2007

A (tough) practice in thankfulness

*sigh*

Poor Pojke. It appears he has his first ear infection since his procedure this spring. Up part of the night, slept on the couch part of that rocking a warm, fussy, ear-rubbing toddler.

Then, while getting ready just now...major "solids" diaper blow-out...down his legs, on his hands, all over the house. Now he's in the tub.

Trying to be thankful...

I still had a couch to sleep on
I still had a bed to crawl into eventually
Had a hubby that tried to soothe Pojke first so I could sleep
We have a doctor we can call and see almost immediately
We have health insurance
That it's just an ear infection and not something worse
For a hubby that let me sleep in and then called to make sure I was up in time to call the pediatrician
That I had a phone to call on
That Flicka is well
That DaHubby had a job to go to this morning
That I have a vehicle to take Pojke to doctor
That there is gas in it!
That I had food in the fridge to feed the Vikings
That I have the $10 co-pay for the doctor
That I have this computer
That I have this blog
That I have my "bloggy friends"
That I have my regular friends
That I have family - immediate, extended, near, and far.
That I have Jesus.

Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.

Amen.

6 comments:

Lori said...

I am so sorry, I hope he feels better soon. You feel so helpless sometimes when it is your child who does not feel well.

Blessings.

Christina said...

Sorry your little guy is feeling lousy, meaning mommy is also feeling lousy. Hopefully the doctor will be able to give him some meds to help him get better quickly.

In the meantime, take care of your family and continue to be thankful (as I know you are). I'll add you to my prayer list of moms with sick little ones. (I wish it wasn't so long...)

Hugs,
Christina

Unashamed said...

This really touched my heart. The frankness and the raw emotion behind your words has really tugged at my heart. God has given me a heart for moms of little ones, and you guys are one of many families that I've been remembering in prayer. It wasn't so long ago that I was in your shoes and I remember how some days I wondered how I would make it through. (Remind me to tell you someday about the oatmeal and kleenex incident.)

I hope Pojke is feeling better soon!

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Thanks, Anita - it was kind of a raw moment at that moment. Lack of sleep plus my ADD seems to amplify moments like that. I was on the edge of tears most of the day - especially after having to hold Pojke down (yet again) for an ear exam. After that procedure, he gets COMPLETELY frantic, upset to the point of hyperventilating and vomiting over someone looking in his ears. But, we're all better today - bless God!

Lisa said...

Oh no! Hope he feels better soon and you all get some sleep!

Hugs,
(M.I.A.) LOL! Lisa :-)

School starts Wednesday, I will be back to visit your page then! Take care!

Debbie said...

Oh Beth, I am sure you are feeling much better by now.
I know exactly how you feel during those exams. I have to hold Nathan also. He has been so traumatized by the ear infections, injections, and surgery he is not trusting any longer.