Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Pass The Torch Tuesday

Kelly at Pass The Torch encourages her readers to "catch" their kids demonstrating things we as adults would like to pass along...

So, I've been very conscious of my interactions with the Vikings the last week or so. I've also tried to be more "present" in conversations and/or time alone with each one. Most nights, Flicka and I spend about 5-6 minutes in Mom and Dad's bed before her bedtime. We've talked, snuggled, read, etc. For some reason the other night, I thought to grab my brush as well as our "bedtime timer."

Despite enjoying having her hair done lately, she still has the typical 3-year-old response to having to sit still longer than 15 seconds. LOL "Ow, Mom, you're hurting me" is frequently heard as I work tangles out of her hair. So, since we all had just gotten cleaned up at the end of this particular evening and I had just got done brush the day's tangles out of her hair, I thought of this...

And, five minutes turned to 6...to ten...to fifteen...and we had the best chat we've had in a long time! *sigh* I hope this is something she comes to cherish as much as I do.

Check out Kelly's PTT post for this week for more info and examples.

3 comments:

Kelly Curtis said...

I'm so glad you write about these gems so often! We're all guilty of forgetting the importance of the undivided attention our kids need from time to time. I'm going to make this a goal of mine -- to move away from the computer and take more snuggle time. I fear that too often, my kids are talking to the back of my head.

Thanks for celebrating what you're doing well. And thanks for sharing it with us!

Kelly

Unashamed said...

That is so adorable! What a simple, sweet way to spend time together, just being - you know what I mean? Not forced, not contrived, just making the most of natural, everyday moments. Bravo!

eph2810 said...

Beth - that is so cute :) I think that she probable will remember these times with you for the rest of her life :)

Thank you so much for sharing - some days I do with I would have had girl in addition to our son :)

Be blessed today and always.