Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thursday Thank Tank

Following Peach's example...

Keepin' it simple this week since things have been a little rough...

1. Thankful that Flicka still asked for me and wants me to hold her when waking up last night from nearly 6 nights in a row of nightmares.

2. Thankful for modern conveniences like washers and dryers with all the "accidents" Flicka's been having at night.

3. Thankful that yesterday she finally answered "yes" again to DaHubby's question "did you love Mommy?"

4. Thankful for a hubby that is just...well, awesome in a crisis - emotional or otherwise.

5. Thankful for a church family that received us with hugs and hellos at midweek service last night and missed us last Sunday while we were out of town.

6. Thankful for a Father who surrounded me in a peace during that service that healed much of this week's hurts.

7. Thankful for Anita who has been SO encouraging this week.

8. Thankful for the hour-long talk by phone with my daddy this weekend. I never would have thought I'd chat about computers, recipes, cooking, homeschooling, and child-rearing with my dad!

9. Thankful for health insurance (yet again) as we wait on results of a test I took last week and next Tuesday's procedure for Pojke.

10. Thankful that despite the stress and strain of the last week or so, I was happy to see that when I weighed in last night on the church's scale, it had gone in the right direction! LOL I've lost a total of seven pounds this month. Thank you to Beth F. and Tales from the Scales!

Check in later to see what Peach has to say about her Thank Tank or join some bloggy sisters for Thankful Thursday at Sting My Heart.

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Just catching up on you. So srry about Flicka's hurts. I can only imagine the sting. Hang in there. I am reminded again how God uses our children to sanctify us and keep us at his feet.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Flicka. Hope things get better soon. My post is also on health this week.

Thanks for writing when things are crazy-- now we know to pray.

Blessings and hang in there!

Blog is no more said...

Gosh Beth, so sorry to hear you have had a bad week. Everyone is right, hang in there and this too shall pass. Sending you cyber hugs and prayers!

Mary said...

So sorry it's been rough this week. Praying for peace for you and your fam. Keep your eyes on Jesus. He'll carry you through. Seems like there's been a lot of need for prayers this week with our blog friends. Blessings on your weekend.

Lori said...

Great list of thankfuls, warmed my heart. And I know Flicka turning to you warmed your heart.

Blessings.

marlise said...

Thanks for sharing your thankfulness even though it's been a rough week. That thankfulness through the pain is a blessing.

Congrats on the seven pounds!

Hang in there on the other things. God will carry you through. His lovingkindess will never end!

Lisa said...

So many nightmares! Poor baby! I will be praying for sleep for your household! Thanks for praying for me!

Things will get better!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Robin said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your hard week - I pray this next one will be better. And congratulations on 7 pounds - that is awesome!
Blessings to you.

Full Contact, Savior-centric Livin said...

Congrats on the weight loss!

Sorry about the little one's nightmares. When my DS3 used to have nightmares, I began praying for his protection "by the blood of Jesus..." the power is in the blood of the lamb. It's His blood that cleanses and saves. His nightmares STOPPED, and have never recurred. I pray for each of our family members in that way, daily. Just a thought--can't hurt!

Nise' said...

I have been so encouraged that even though there is sress filled lives, many are taking the time to be thankful in the midst of it!

Congrats on the weight loss!

Unashamed said...

*blushing* Thankful for you too, sweetie...

eph2810 said...

It is always nice to that we are loved...by family, but especially by our Heavenly Father...
I too am thankful for modern conveniences like washers :) I don't know what I would do without my washer...
Very neat that you had a long conversation with your earthly dad. They can be quite encouraging. I miss my talks with my dad...

Thank you so much for sharing your thankful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always...