Monday, May 14, 2007

Eight (more) Random Things

Been tagged by Lisa...

The Rules:
Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.
At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names.
Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

The Facts:
1. I collect postcards. Not just from places I've been but I bug everyone else to get a few while they are gone wherever THEY go too! LOL It started with a mentor teacher hand-me-down-ing a shoebox filled with really old postcards to me in 1995.

2. I don't/can't drink coffee. Never got the taste for it - even in college. However, I figure if it could taste the way it smells, I'd need it intravenously! LOL

3. Weird Proud family baby naming tradition: Flicka and Pojke are fourth generation "double initials". Most everyone down my dad's side of the family tree has names like Timothy Terry, Erin Elizabeth, and Dawn Denise.

4. Last month, I had my first sewing machine lesson since 8th grade home ec. LOL Got a hand-me-down machine from my MIL. I'm nearly done with a new blanket and throw pillows for Flicka. And, I have patterns sitting on my desk for aprons and (hopefuly) an adorable jumper for Flicka.

5. Several years ago, I participated in a halftime show for a Detroit Lions game at the Pontiac Silverdome.

6. I had a short career in law enforcement. Was a pretty good 911 operator/police dispatcher for a while. However, I found it frustrating that there's no "follow-through" - you generally don't find out how things turn out.

7. Prior to DaHubby and Vikings, I used to be a regular
Renaissance fair attendee. Even had a simple costume made to wear. Can you say "NERD"? LOL

8. While having problems with a starter and cellinoid on a former vehicle, I was taught by the tow truck driver who was getting repeatedly sent to my home how to basically hot wire my own vehicle. Must have gotten too good at it because I got stopped by a friendly local law enforcement officer in a Meijer's parking lot one day and had to prove I was the registered
owner!

The Tags:
Well, most everyone I know has already been tagged...but how 'bout DaHubby, Christina, and JMom.

3 comments:

Blog is no more said...

Hey Beth! I collect postcards too!! My friend and family just took a 5 week vacation out west and she sent me cards from the Rocky Mts. and the Grand Canyon.
Yes, I was 17 when I got married, although if I had it to do again... I still would, even though I was very young, I still think I made the right decision. I don't want my kids repeating history though! My oldest girl is 23 and I think back to my 23 and I been married 6 years already and had a 5 year old. Crazy, I know! Have a good day my friend.

Lisa said...

Very fun!! Thanks for "playing"!!! Someone that my hubby knows goes to postcard collector shows to buy cards. Have you ever done that? I've never been to a Renaissance Fair, but one day! I have been to two civil war reeinactments, however! LOL!! (You gotta love having a boy!!)

Debbie said...

My hubs surprised me with a second hand sewing machine a few years ago. I had problems with it from the beginning, and since I didn't really know what I was doing, lol, I thought it was all my fault. Thankfully, I purchased a new one a few years later and voila, I enjoy "sewing" with it a little bit. I tackle only the easy stuff.