Tuesday, May 15, 2007

LOW FAT GRAVY!

There. Do I have your attention now? *wink*

Well, this is week one weigh-in for the May Day Weight Loss Challenge at Tales of the Scales I've been using a scale at home for a general weight check - to make sure everything is going in the right direction..down! LOL But, my church has one of those older doctor's office sliding-weight scales for its weight loss ministry. So, I've been weighing in while we're there Sunday morning.

Anyway, the total loss for this week? Three pounds. Not exactly the resounding first week loss I was hoping for but it's still heading in the right direction and it is on track with a healthy weight loss of a few pounds a week at a time.

I also walked twice in the last week with my MOMS Club folks (my other goal) and tread water in the deep end of the Y pool for 20 minutes waiting for Flicka to jump in during swimming lessons. (That counts as exercise, right!? LOL)

Oh, yea - back to the recipe. Found this on my first attempt last fall with weight loss which resulted in a 30 pound loss. It tastes great but the "clear-ness" of the gravy (since all the "cloudy" fat is removed) might be off-putting to some. But, a very good replacement at 1pt per 1/2 cup!!

Check here for everyone else's first week successes!

11 comments:

Nise' said...

*clapping* woo hoo! Hey 3lbs down is DOWN! Way to go!

Melanie said...

Wow! 3 pounds is a lot to lose in one week! Awesome job! Keep it up!
My post is up too!

Denise said...

Woo Hoo, three pounds gone!! Great job.

Anonymous said...

I think three pounds for the first week is awsome. Keep up the good work!
Sandy
homeschoolblogger.com/fallinglikerain

Anonymous said...

I think 3 lbs. is a great start!

Thanks for the low far gravy recipe -- that will be very helpful. We don't have gravy very often, but some dishes it just wouldn't be the same without it.

Robin said...

I would have been thrilled with a 3 lb. loss - Good job!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Three pounds is awesome! Besides, you didn't gain it all in a week or two - it's about making a life change.

Rock on!
Dianne :D

Debbie said...

Sounds like you're off to a great start! I joined WW last week (again) so I plan to post -/+. I started at a bad time since it was Mother's Day and the family wanted to go out to eat. LOL

Lisa said...

YIPPIE!!! Great job, my friend!!

Sharon said...

I lost 3 lbs also! We're going in the right direction. Keep up the good work!

Christine said...

Great job! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have another good week!