Thursday, May 17, 2007

SRT#7: Lightning and Lace by DiAnn Mills

OK, I'm just being transparent here. Not only was this book NOT on my list of books to read for the Spring Reading Thing challenge, but normally Christian "chick lit" is NOT my thing. LOL

The familar historical novels with struggling women overcoming some life-altering thing and mending relationships with significant others while learning to trust God more have always been a little too "Harlequin" for me. And, no, it doesn't help if it's set in modern time because it's usually in a big city that I can't (or don't want to) relate to. LOL

So, while I was THRILLED to have finally won something from a contest, when I won this book from one of Katrina's awesome giveaways, my expectations were not high. How wrong I was!

I received it from the author (autographed!) last Thursday and had it read in just over 24 hours! LOL It had a solid story line, a bad guy you loved to hate, a plot that moved quickly, and nothing seemed particularly "hokey". The characters seems honest, possible, and flawed for pete's sake. No glossed over simplifcations or generalizations here - well, not much anyway. *wink*

This is the first book of this type that I have read. And, if all of DiAnn Mills books are this good, I may have a new summer reading favorite!

No comments: