Tuesday, April 8, 2008

How we spent most of Sunday...

*sigh* Well, I got outvoted. It was something I hoped I wouldn't need to worry about this summer. I just didn't think they were ready plus we live near a busy thoroughfare. But, when it was a free and it was delivered, it was hard to say no. So, we spent all of our (FINALLY!) glorious Spring-like afternoon walking around and around and around and around and around the block in the Vikings' new hand-me-down from their older cousin:
While the Jeep is battery-operated and geared more toward Flicka, Pojke got something in the deal as well! LOL
I'm still a nervous wreck and paranoid about injuries (and Pojke's eventual and inevitable discovery of the gas pedal), the kids really seem to like it...well, DUH! Of course they do!

And, now we have to do is get Flicka her new bike (as she can't fit on her first tricycle anymore) and we'll be all set for summer transportation!

3 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

bless their older cousin
how blessed your kids have been
here in New Zealand they would be EXPENSIVE toys

you live in what looks like a nice neighborhood
would have been good exercise all that walking around

i use to worry about injuries especially when the kids would play on jungle gyms but i learnt you can extend your fears on them (I dont like heights or falling)which can make them frightened

you have to let kids play and take the accidents as they come

mine have never broken any major bones (my older son did break his thumb once)

Jen

Debbie said...

Wow! Can't beat free! It's so tough letting them grow up, huh?

GiBee said...

Are those bare feet I see?

Bwahahahahahahaha! EXACTLY like Hunter! He went out this weekend barefoot too!

Too funny!