Jessie at Overflow of a Forgiven Soul tagged me this week for a "7 Things" meme saying I'm "spunky"! I wonder what THAT could mean? *wink*
The Rules: 1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog. 2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. 3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. 4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
And, since I try to pick a "theme" of sorts for these to help me come up with all seven, this meme's theme is my wedding! LOL
My 7 Things:
1. DaHubby and I had a courtship, engagement, and wedding based on "fives": we met on 5/25/00, five weeks later he proposed, five weeks after that I had quit my job and was moving to the other side of the state to be near him, and we were married on 5/5/01 with only 50 guests!
2. A bagpiper "played me" down the aisle!
3. Instead of a unity candle, we exchanged tartans: my family's background is part of the Clan Hamilton and DaHubby's mom's side is connected to the Clan Gordon. I "gave up" my Hamilton sash and then DaHubby pinned the Gordon sash on me.
4. We were married under a cedar arch DaHubby built just for the occasion that then stood in our first backyard and followed us to our current one as well.
5. DaHubby's dad, DaGrandpa, married us. He's that tiny, little guy behind us in the photo above. Don't let his size fool ya! He used to be a boxer...in the Navy!
6. Being new to the area, I planned our wedding for the first Saturday in May...which happens to be the same weekend as a large local festival around here which includes a parade. The main drag out of the local "downtown" passed right by the old-mansion-turned-restaurant that we had chosen. In the middle of the vows, it occurred to everyone that the parade was complete because...everyone that passed by honked at us! LOL
7. The dance with my daddy after the ceremony was the first and only time I've danced with him.7 People I'm Tagging:
Most of my immediate bloggy circle generally don't do many of these but I will tag them nonetheless (LOL) and leave their response up to them.
1. Anita (she'll have to come out of hiding to tell us she's OK)
2. Debbie (maybe she'll show us her favorite seven teacups! *wink*)
3. Lisa (who can probably name the seven best deals she's gotten this week)
4. GiBee (who will probably give seven home remedies for flu and/or toddler ear infections)
5. Christina (I want to make sure she's survived the midwest winter)
6. Sara (who'll need something to do when she comes off her bloggy break LOL)
7. Pam (who could easily list seven ways God's blessed her during the last two weeks during her hubby's hospitalization)