Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday Thanks Tank

Intentional: Done deliberately; intended

Deliberate: Arising from or marked by careful consideration

Having a hard time again today...don't feel like doing anything and yet I have a long list of things to tackle. Yet, just as moms do, you intentionally push aside your "self stuff" and push forward to finish things your family needs. And, you make a deliberate effort to "be there" for your little ones.

So, today is a day of intentionality and deliberateness. So, I will have to find a way to pull myself to not only accomplish my "mom stuff" but what about my "daughter" stuff? What is a child to the King suppose to do about her "daughter stuff"? Like being thankful?

Ephesians 5:20-21 "...giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another in the fear of God."

Always: Every time; on every occasion; without exception

It's hard remembering that we are to be intentional and deliberate about being thankful as well...especially on days like this when we just don't feel like focusing on all the great blessings God provides for and showers on us. (And, the submitting thing isn't particularly easy for us either.)

But we must do it always.

Thank you, Lord, for Pojke, for his general good health, the sweet way he's saying "please" and "thank you", for his patting me on the back when he hugs, his boogery kisses, and for his obvious love and adoration of his sister.

Thank you, Lord, for Flicka, for her general good health, her desire to help, for her growing skills at sharing, her budding money sense, and for her strong desire to learn and discover.

Thank you, Lord, for DaHubby, for his intelligence, patience, sense of humor, his love and defense of me, his constant working, his dedication to us, and his music ability.

Thank you, Lord, for this home and my ability to be here full-time to raise the Vikings. As hard as it can be, I wouldn't electively go back to work right now for anything.

Lord, help me, protect me, guide me while I do my best for You with the blessings You have provided.

Always.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for having such a grateful heart.

Pam said...

Convicting. Inspiring. Lovin' the big words like intentionality and deliberateness.

The verse nailed me to the floor, in the very best way, of course.


Thankful for you today, dear Beth. May the Lord bless your obedience to Him today and surprise you with joy!

Shari Ellen said...

I'm glad to be a home with my kids, too. They seem to really appreciate it. But even if they didn't I'd still do it, because I know that's what God wants for my family.

eph2810 said...

You are right Beth. Sometimes we have to make that choice deliberately. Even though it is hard (oh do I have those days even now) we have to do the things we have to do.

Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week even through you had be deliberately thankful :)

Blessings to you and your precious family.