Monday, October 22, 2007

Pass The Torch Tuesday

Just a small one this week...the behavior issues around here have been pretty trying lately. But, I did notice a particular trend in the last week: Flicka's become "the mom." Poor Pojke now has two of us after him! LOL

But, one sweet example was when we were out running errands - one of which included running into the library just to pick up a book I have had on hold that had finally come in. Just as I normally would she explained what we were doing, had him hold her hand, helped him up the steps of the library, kept telling him to stay close while I was standing at the desk, and tried to hold his hand all the way back to the car.


She also had been signing "You Are My Sunshine" to her baby dolls! LOL That was the o-n-l-y song she would settle to in those colicky months after she first arrived. Passing the torch of mommy-hood...maybe I'll get to be a grandma someday and see these skills come to fruition! *wink*

Stop by Kelly's place today (her theme today is "PTT - the Halloween costume edition" but since we don't "do" H-ween, this was the best I got this week! *wink*) and see what other PTT moments folks are sharing.

1 comment:

Kelly Curtis said...

What a sweetheart! You're obviously passing the torch, Beth!

No problem about the "theme" - it was only a theme for me, not everyone else. I guess I could have made that clearer!

Thanks so much for joining us again this week!