Thursday, July 3, 2008

A very special Thursday Thanks Tank

*sigh* Where do I start?

I've been so overwhelmed with "life" lately that I've let the whirlwind distract me from the weekly practice of deliberate thankfulness. But, that doesn't mean I haven't been aware of all God's wondrous provision and intervention all around me.

Mostly, I need to say...thank you Lord for my amazing life. And, for the incomprehensible quantity of simple pleasures that have been all around me the last 2 weeks. Family. Beautiful weather. My home. DaHubby. The Vikings. Church family. Friends. Health. Strength of body. Sleep (when I stop long enough to engage in some. LOL)
.

However, my previous whirlwind was brought to a sudden and complete halt Tuesday. And, a new one has begun:

For those of you unfamiliar with my history, this is really a miracle at God's hands. I spent many years fighting infertility. Flicka's conception occurred on the 25th cycle of attempts. The number 5 (a Biblical symbol for grace) and its multiples have been a reoccurring theme in DaHubby's and my marriage.

Pojke was another complete and utter shock. We found out about that pregnancy on our anniversary: 5-5-05. History of infertility, nursing Flicka still, and POOF! God worked a wonder. I was pregnant.

And, now, using the same methods as always during that same time of month to avoid getting pregnant...and POOF!


This little bean (I'm considering the bloggy pseudonym "Böna" - Swedish for bean) is again another example of God's wonderful, amazing, and abundant grace.

Your prayers are appreciated. It is still very early in this pregnancy and I DID turn FORTY this year, ya know! *wink*

God's will be done...

Stop by Pam's place and Iris's Sting My Heart from more deliberate thankfulness.

22 comments:

Pam said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am thrilled to hear of your news, and I think Bona(how did you get that umlaut anyway) is a great pseudonym!

My TTT will be up later today. I'm on the run right now, but so glad I stopped by!!!

That is fantastic news, dear Beth! God's richest blessings on this pregnancy.

janice said...

Congratulations to you and yours!

Dana said...

That is awesome! I am so so happy for you and your family. You will be in my prayers....have a blessed weekend!!

Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sara said...

Oh Beth! goosebumps and shivers! I saw the picture before I even read anything and thought, "yay!" so, really, it just "happpened"? Oh, I am soooo sooo excited. I feel like an aunty.

Triply blessed!

Kristi said...

How exciting! I wonder if God was just waiting for the day when you would find out the little surprise that He had in store for you. I can just see Him smiling now. Nothing is impossible with God.

Blessings,
Kristi

Sheila said...

Blessings upon blessings! Praying God will guard and keep that which you've committed to Him...even your womb!

Sheila

Lisa said...

WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Can you hear me screaming with joy from CA???? What a wonderful, wonderful blessing from our glorious God!!


Hugs to you!!
Lisa

Jane Anne said...

Congratulations!!!! That is such joyful news. I just said a thankful prayer for your pregnancy and baby. My 3 year old had some questions about the pregnancy test photo--LOL! That's what I get for stealing an extra moment to check a couple of blogs.
Much love- JA

Blog is no more said...

Congrats!!! Wow, number 3! God is so good, you are greatly blessed!

Blog is no more said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congrats Beth,

Three is fabulous, fun, and exhausting. You'll love every minute of it. I am so happy for you. Congratulations again.

-Janet

G'G'ma said...

Such happy news for you and your husband. WOW, another Viking. Prayers for you and baby.

Irene said...

Oh my God, how lovely! What a miracle life is! Wishing you an enriching pregnancy, a healthy baby and a safe delivery. I shall keep you and your little one in my prayers.
Take it easy and enjoy the week end.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! A new little life is a tremendously wonderful gift from God! We are very happy for you and look forward to following your new adventures! Trust, Trust, Trust . . . in God. Love, T & K & family

Thursday's Child said...

Mabrook! Three is a terrific number of kids. ;)

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm thrilled for you! I can wait to talk to you more. I can't wipe this silly smile off my face. I'm so happy for you! ~Melanie

Christina said...

Beth,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I am thrilled for you and your family. What a tremendous and unexpected blessing. May all go perfectly throughout this pregnancy. Remember to take time to enjoy all the little moments with this little one inside you.

Spothogg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GiBee said...

OH MY WORD! That was me that deleted that last comment ... I didn't realize I was logged in as my husband's blogging name. Sorry about that! What my message said was...

WOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I've been away from my computer since Wednesday (I scheduled a post on Friday), and imagine my surprise when I read my email from you!!!

Gratulationerna, my sweet friend!!! Gud är God!

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful news with your blogging friends! I will be praying for you, the family and little böna!!! Try to get a bit of rest -- I'll be 41 in November, and I know how tired I would be... But God's plan is always best, and he will give you the strength you need!

Anonymous said...

I almost fell out of my seat as I was reading this. I screamed and may have actually scared my kids (oops). I am so happy for you! You deserve every blessing that comes your way!
Jodi

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness!!!!! Congratulations!! I'll certainly be praying for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby for you! Geesh, I'm gone for a couple of weeks and look what I'm missing out on! ;)

Kathy D.