Wednesday, July 16, 2008

WFMW: Meijer Mealbox

As one who is feeding the four of us on $60 a week, I'm always on the lookout for good deals. As it stands, I spend 1-2 hours going over the ads from 5 of our local supermarkets so I can make our $60 go as far as possible. The best way I've been doing this lately is with Meijer Mealbox.

If you have a Meijers near you, you could be going home with free or nearly free food several times a month!

For example, last week I spent about $33 of our allotted budget there and was rewarded with over $16 off in coupons and sales.

Examples of the deals last week:

  • Meijer had select dry pasta (Meijer brand spaghetti, thin spaghetti, and elbow macaroni) on sale 2/$1. Paired this deal with the $0.50/1 coupons on MealBox and got the pasta for FREE
  • Meijer organic mushrooms were part of the 10 for $10 - there is a MealBox coupon for $0.50/1, making them $0.50 after coupon.
  • Meijer ice cream was $2.50, there is a MealBox coupon for $1, making it $1.50 after coupon
  • Meijer select frozen veggies were part of the 10 for $10 - there is a MealBox coupon for $0.50/1, making them $0.50 after coupon
  • Meijer 16 oz. sour cream was $1.25 - there is $0.50/1 MealBox coupon, making it $0.75 after coupon
  • Meijer frozen potatoes was 5 for $10 - there is a $1/1 MealBox coupon, making them $1 per bag of potatoes after coupon
  • Meijer frozen fruit was 3 for $8 ($2.67 each) - there is a $1 MealBox coupon, making them $1.67 per bag of frozen fruit after coupon

The deals aren't always on Meijer brand stuff only but last week happened to work out that way. So, go to Meijer Mealbox and click on the "specials" tab on the right and print the coupons! They change about once a month but I've used them each week in conjunction with sales for several weeks.

Saving 33% on groceries? Now, THAT works for me! For more WFMW ideas, stop by Shannon's bloggy home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY cool! I had no idea they had this :) Unfortunately, I just did my grocery shopping last night, but I'll be using this next week for sure! I'm a Meijer junkie, I grew up going there and I just can't make myself go to Kroger.

Kathy D.

Wani said...

thanks! its crazy when we realize the deals that are out there for the taking that we never knew about!

Donielle said...

I love Meijer Mealbox! I just wish they'd start putting new coupons out there. Seems like they've been the same ones for quite awhile. I'm hoping one day they'll throw in a decent one for the organic line too!

Blog is no more said...

Wish we had a Meijers!! In our town we just have two grocery stores, Winn Dixie and Wal*Mart! As much as I try to keep our grocery budget down, I still end up spending around $80 a week for the four of us. It is really hard!