If you have a Meijers near you, you could be going home with free or nearly free food several times a month!
For example, last week I spent about $33 of our allotted budget there and was rewarded with over $16 off in coupons and sales.
Examples of the deals last week:
- Meijer had select dry pasta (Meijer brand spaghetti, thin spaghetti, and elbow macaroni) on sale 2/$1. Paired this deal with the $0.50/1 coupons on MealBox and got the pasta for FREE
- Meijer organic mushrooms were part of the 10 for $10 - there is a MealBox coupon for $0.50/1, making them $0.50 after coupon.
- Meijer ice cream was $2.50, there is a MealBox coupon for $1, making it $1.50 after coupon
- Meijer select frozen veggies were part of the 10 for $10 - there is a MealBox coupon for $0.50/1, making them $0.50 after coupon
- Meijer 16 oz. sour cream was $1.25 - there is $0.50/1 MealBox coupon, making it $0.75 after coupon
- Meijer frozen potatoes was 5 for $10 - there is a $1/1 MealBox coupon, making them $1 per bag of potatoes after coupon
- Meijer frozen fruit was 3 for $8 ($2.67 each) - there is a $1 MealBox coupon, making them $1.67 per bag of frozen fruit after coupon
The deals aren't always on Meijer brand stuff only but last week happened to work out that way. So, go to Meijer Mealbox and click on the "specials" tab on the right and print the coupons! They change about once a month but I've used them each week in conjunction with sales for several weeks.
Saving 33% on groceries? Now, THAT works for me! For more WFMW ideas, stop by Shannon's bloggy home.