Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Wow!

There are a few blogs I follow that you don't want to read unless you have time to meditate, reflect, and simply gawk (LOL) at some of the profound, mind-moving things they come up with. Ones that should have a banner that reads "Danger: don't read this blog in a room full of squealing children while multi-tasking and checking your email!" Or maybe "don't read this blog without caffeine!" LOL

Everyday Mommy and In the Open Space are two of my faves in this category. Jules missed a calling as a professional apologist and Carmen cuts through the modern wordy entanglements and has an wonderfully soft heart for the true things that bring one closest to God.

Carmen posted recently a quote from the introduction of a soon-to-be-released book by Wolfgang Simson called The Starfish Manifesto.

"Most of us have been educated far beyond our obedience. What has been extremely important for many was simply a possession of the ultimate truth, or, a much more passive and religious attitude, to make sure that we are "in the right church." And I am the first one to admit my guilt in this regard. There was a time when I felt very strongly convinced about things, about concepts, about truth. Now as I am getting older, I am not so sure anymore. I have come to the realization that it is not we who possess truth, truth wants to own us. Truth is a person--Jesus himself. This makes us an appendix to him, not him an appendix of us. And in exactly this human weakness, I found profound liberation and freedom. As we give up trying to understand and figure it out, we learn something much more valuable: to trust and walk by faith, not by calculation. Rather than walking on the seemingly safe but extremely thin ice of frozen understanding (tradition), frozen faith (legalism) and frozen relationships (organizations), it again feels like walking on water, because Jesus is calling us out of our safe little boats."


And, all I can say is...wow!

No comments: