Monday, August 3, 2009

Divin' In

A thought struck me as I watched Pojke jump joyously into his swim teacher's arms this afternoon...

Am I plunging in lately? Plunging in for the things God has for me?

Abraham didn't focus on his own impotence and say, "It's hopeless. This hundred-year-old body could never father a child." Nor did he survey Sarah's decades of infertility and give up. He didn't tiptoe around God's promise asking cautiously skeptical questions. He plunged into the promise and came up strong, ready for God, sure that God would make good on what he had said. That's why it is said, "Abraham was declared fit before God by trusting God to set him right." But it's not just Abraham; it's also us! (Romans 4 - The Message)

Am I plunging into His promise, His plan for me? Am I jumping in joyously? No fear - as Pam encourages? *wink*

I'm diving in
I'm going deep
In over my head I wanna be
Caught in the rush
Lost in the flow
In over my head I wanna go
The river's deep
The river's wide
The river's water is alive
So sink or swim
I'm diving in
I'm diving in
(Steven Curtis Chapman - Dive)

Only once in my life have I thrown everything up to Him because I was *that sure* I was heading where He wanted. Left all kind and all levels of security and things I knew to follow a new path that now including DaHubby. It was the scariest but most exhilarating time of my life. I'd had experienced nothing like it before..and nothing really like it since.

There is a supernatural power in this mighty river's flow
It can bring the dead to life, and it can fill an empty soul
And give a heart the only thing worth livin' and worth dyin' for, yeah

But we will never know the awesome power of the grace of God

Until we let ourselves get swept away into this holy flood
So if you'll take my hand, we'll close our eyes and count to three
And take the leap of faith
Come on let's go..

Anyone wanna hold hands and jump in again with me and see where it takes us?

No comments: