Monday, March 30, 2009

Thank you Chris Tomlin...

...for the best part of my day yesterday.

When I was a sleep-away camper and then a camp counselor, there was a campfire tradition of being asked "what was your rose and your thorn today?" before lights-out. In other words, what was the best and worst part of your day?

My rose yesterday was one of those weird, tear-jerker "momma moments."

The kids and I are driving to church (DaHubby went in earlier in a separate car due to a special music practice). And, as usual, we had the praise and worship music jammin'! LOL I just received the Chris Tomlin Live in Austin CD via swapacd.com (for free). The first song on the CD is "Indescribable".

After the song was done, Flicka hollered from the back seat, "Again, Momma. Let's listen to that one again!" So, I obliged her. And, during that second time through, it struck me.

My eyes filled up and my voice choked as I wondered: Is there anything much sweeter than listening to your 5-year-old sing...

Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God
You are amazing God

Off hand, I can't think of one thing better. *big smile*

1 comment:

Carrie said...

No. There's nothing better!

We have a basket of instruments sitting next to our radio and the song, "All God's children sing out glory, glory, hallelujah, He reigns!" (Newsboys?) came on. My son (age 2) walked by the radio, heard the music and said, "Oh, that song!" and sat down with his toy drum and played through to the end just enjoying the song and worshiping in his own little 2 year old way.

It IS beautiful. Thanks for sharing your story!