Monday, March 23, 2009

Tuesday's Tip Jar

Jumping on board with BlogMomma's Tuesday's Tip Jar with one I don't use often but when I use it, I'm *always* glad I've bookmarked it.

Especially with all the news over the winter about children's cold medicine and accidental overdosing, this site has been a lifesaver for a weary, middle of the night mom searching for doses for very unhappy Vikings.

I've used Dr. Sears' medicine cabinet for Benedryl, Tylenol, Motrin, and cold medicines. I've printed out the charts for Tylenol and Benedryl and keep them inside the medicine cabinet.

Whenever I get the chance or when the kids visit the pediatrician, I make a note of their weight on the charts. So, at 3am when someone is sobbing from ear pain, I just check their weight and read the chart and safely dose the kid in question.

Stop by BlogMomma's today to see what other good tips everyone has up their sleeves!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

This is an AWESOME resource! Thank you so much for posting it - I'm bookmarking now!

:)
Becki@BlogMommas

Shari Lyle-Soffe said...

That is a great tip!

Shari
http://sharilyle-soffe.com

Christina said...

I second this tip!

It definitely comes in handy late at night on the weekends...which is inevitably when children get sick!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Thanks so much for sharing this link. :)