Monday, June 22, 2009

Tuesday Tip Jar

Never thought of this as a Tuesday Tip or a Works For Me Wednesday idea but when someone suggested I share the idea, I thought "why not?"

Flicka's grandma bought her grandaughter a camera last year. And, Flicka promptly did something to make it stop working. So, we returned it and downgraded her to something less expensive but added a digital frame to the bill so she could see the pictures she took.

That digital frame is now Flicka's night light. And, every couple of months, I format the little 64K memory card we gave her that no longer worked with something of ours and dump some new photos on there. She gets such a kick out it and it's always good for a week or two of her trying to stay awake 'til the end of the new set.

And, it warms my momma heart knowing she falls asleep looking at goofy family pictures she, her daddy, or I took.

For more TTJ, check out Blogmommas.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think this is a great idea! I know my kids would love seeing pictures as their nightlights.

Happy Tuesday!
:)
Becki@BlogMommas

Grandmother Wren said...

I love this! We have a digital frame, but I have to admit that we rarely turn it on. I know Maya would love to have it in her room as a nightlight.
Thank you for the idea!