Friday, March 7, 2008

Second, a thank you

What an awesome birthday yesterday! Thanks to everyone who stopped by my bloggy home, emailed, called, mailed a card, whatever. It was probably my best birthday ever!

Wednesday night after midweek service, I received my first ever surprise party! LOL Pastor asked us to rise for prayer and dismissal and promptly starting singing "Happy Birthday". A large sheet cake had some serious damage done to it along with some wonderful fellowship and tons of good wishes.

Thursday...wow, where do I start? Waking up to DaHubby whispering "Happy Birthday" in my ear. That my in-laws took Pojke for the day and then Flicka had an afternoon play date. That I had several hours uninterrupted to be all crafty, getting ready for Flicka's birthday party tomorrow. Getting a call while out buying party supplies at the dollar store telling me that the florist delivery guy was in my driveway and where did I want him to leave these flowers? (Luckily, a neighbor was home.) That my dad called in the middle of the day (somewhat unusual) to talk for a bit and wish me happy birthday. That my in-laws and the play date mom held on to the Vikings through dinner time so DaHubby and I could go out for a bite to eat. Then, we had company join us at the restaurant! Our pastors (one whose birthday is next week) joined us for a wonderful, no-stress, no cutting food in small pieces, no recovering sippies from under the table dinner! Finally, a free ice cream treat from Dairy Queen! I STILL feel full! LOL

I am truly and humbly blessed...THANK YOU ALL!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like a terrific day! I'm glad you enjoyed a grown-up dinner out - it's always nice to have an occasional meal that doesn't include your own food getting cold while you cut up someone else's entree :)

Unashamed said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice day. I totally get where you are coming from, how small kindnesses can mean so much. You are very blessed!

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! I am very happy you had such a great day!!