Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday Thanks Tank

Well, this post would have been SO much different this morning than it's gonna be now. LOL Starting around noon, we went into "siege mode". The Great Ant Battle of 2009 began and (hopefully) ended today. Short version? Hundreds (literally) suddenly appearing in Flicka's playroom ceiling light fixture.

So, right this minute, I am thankful for the following...

DaHubby! In so many ways! This poor man is working 40-45hrs/week this week AND is in the middle of his finals week for a full-time load of classes. Responding to my plea for help, he left work early, took me on my errands (which included a stop for ant poison), and spent what was supposed to be his studying time moving furniture and having ants crawl all over him as he played our Superman and saved the day. I can't tell you how much I love this man right now.

And, DaHubby again. He had an old high school friend mention on Facebook that she lost her wedding ring recently. I offered to tell her about our experience two summers ago to hopefully make her feel better. And, she sent back the sweetest note to DaHubby who passed it along to me about how my post and our comments were a blessing to her:

"I'm crying because I can't find mine and i think of the women that just don't want theirs it makes me angry! LOL Thanks again, i'm sending a BIG HUG for Mike to give you, he has a wonderful wife! Thanks.
"

Finally, I am so blessed to have a hubby that is working his bee-hind off and still managing to be available as much as possible for the kids, me, and the random household ant emergencies! LOL As someone who worked full-time night shifts and took classes 3/4 time when I was single and living alone, I honestly don't know how he's doing it. We'll be married 8 years next week and he still amazes me.

Please stop by Pam's place for more Thursday Thanks Tank.

No comments: