Wednesday, November 22, 2006

2006 04 07 Is it "good morning, Lord" or "good Lord, it's morning"?

As I chug along during this week of sick, whiny kids, I've had more of the latter than the former. LOL I've been missing my chances to find God's joy in my day.

We had praise and worship practice Wednesday night (yea, I actually made it to practice! Sunday will be my post-baby re-debut! Thank God for grandparents that attend the same church! LOL). And, we were preparing music for Palm Sunday morning service.

I glanced at John 12 during a break in the singing...as I read verses 12-13, think of the joy those in Jerusalem were feeling that day. Overwhelming, exceeding, abundant, dance-your-heart-out, rock-your-world joyful! Did you know that the palm tree was considered a sign of joy and victory? And, they cried out "hosanna" which is an exclamation of praise to the Lord. Their King Messiah was about to make His public entrance into the city in triumph! Praise God!

So much joy...and about the proper things. There are too many other things in our daily life that can steal our joy. Let us not forget to sing out this Sunday and every day of our lives "Hosanna! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord"

No comments: