Tuesday, November 21, 2006

2006 04 01 The Glory of This Season?

1 Corinthians 10.31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Changing diapers to the glory of God? Washing my hubby’s underwear to the glory of God? Scraping last night’s dinner off this morning plates to the glory of God? Hmmm…

I’m enjoying being home full-time. Don’t get me wrong. But, I’ve been having a couple of days this past week where the regular workin’ world is looking mighty good! Ya know it’s bad when teaching a classroom full of 30+ hormonal middle schoolers about grammar and Shakespeare sounds better than being home for one more day with two babies under 25 months old! LOL

1 Thessalonians 4.10-11…But we urge you, brethren, that you increase more and more; that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you,

As I described in my previous post, my life’s been transformed the last few years into one that was meant to be quiet, circumspect, and hands-on. However, as any other mom with babies will tell you, there are definitely things about my life that are increasing more and more…more diapers, more laundry, more dishes, more craziness, more mess. My life is rarely quiet! And, I have no problem minding my own business since I rarely get to be out of the house long enough to have any in-depth conversations with fellow adults! And, working with my hands includes pulling Play-doh out of my daughter’s hair and washing “eye boogers” off my son’s face.

Heb 13.16 But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

These sacrifices that are being made…whose glory are they for? Mine? My husband’s? Or, God’s? Who am I most worried about being well pleased? Me? Hubby? The kids? Or, God?

As God has promised, if I will focus on Him, grow in Him, and listen to Him, all the other craziness will fall into place or fall away. I have to once again step off the proverbial cliff, take another leap of faith, and believe in His will and direction for my life. This is where He wants me right now. What I’m doing right now at this time is urgently important for His plan to unfold.

And, as the mature Christian ladies at church tell me…”This is a season of your life. Only a season. And it will pass like all seasons do. When it’s gone, you will miss it so enjoy it for what it is while it is here and live everyday to His glory.”


God help me to do that, to see my everyday “stuff” from Your point of view. Or, if you can’t share that vision with me yet, help me to have faith in Your will. I want You to be proud of me.

No comments: