Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thursday Thanks Tank

In honor or Pam and the ladies of Thankful Thursday...

My mind a swirl today with mommy and wifely responsibilities. A 30-minute "emergency budget committee meeting" ala Dave Ramsey has relieved most of my concerns about this prayer request but every dollar, quarter, dime, nickel, and penny is being overly scrutinized. And, I have several other balls in the air at this time...which make my ADD-addled brain want to explode.

So, in no particular order, here are some things I'm thankful for...

A particular family at church that has become "family", whose daughters voluntarily watch over the Vikings, and the parents who make me laugh...all the time.

A money plan (and the knowledge it grew from) that cushioned the financial blow yesterday.

A hubby who came home invigorated and challenged by this blow, NOT devastated and worried which is what his reaction would have been a year ago. Dave Ramsey is right (LOL): most women have a "security gland" that goes into conniptions in cases like this and DaHubby has gotten *really* good at making sure mine is at ease as much as possible.

A pastor who's been preaching "juicy", complicated but well thought out sermons that have been pushing everyone's envelopes and comfort zones preparing us for an upcoming revival.

For a "new" friend from my MOMS Club group that we just found out lives about 3 blocks from our home. There are nearly 60 of us in the group but only 3-4 ladies I've become good friends with. I hope this person is one of them.

For my mom sending a little financial gift to the Vikings that purchased their new session of swimming lessons that start this afternoon. While Pojke and I play in the "babies" class, Flicka will be learning to tackle the deep end with her "bubble" on! LOL It's nice going knowing that it's all "financial grace" and I don't have to feel bad now in hindsight when we could now use the money.

For this house...there are parts of it I love and some other parts I don't. LOL But, it's "home" and, no matter that kitchen floor needs to be replaced, that we have a growing leak in the ceiling over our bedroom, and that the basement is chronically damp enough that the dehumidifier runs about 8 months a year, each little thing we do (making curtains, DaHubby trimming the cabinets, etc.) makes it a little more "ours" and it'll be OK. All improvements are being done with CASH! So, patience, patience, patience! LOL

That it appears that things have stabilized with my sister-in-law's battle with leukemia. If she remains fever- and nausea-free through tonight, she'll be home (this is the second attempt to do so) sleeping in her own bed TOMORROW! She was admitted almost two months ago to the day, has been through SIX bone marrow tests, and two rounds of chemo! And, she is coming home to gain her strength to take the bone marrow transplant sometime the end of April.

That's what I'm thankful for today...how 'bout you?

3 comments:

on the Rock said...

So much to be thankful for, and being in prayer for you:)

Jane Anne said...

I hop over here occasionally from Pam's. I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your thankful attitude and your open heart about your finances. It is very encouraging. I said a prayer for you and your husband as you handle his cut work hours (and check).

Unknown said...

What a beautiful thankful list! It's always amazing to me that when we turn over an area of our lives to the Lord, that He does really take control for us! And money can be such a stronghold. Thanks for the reminder that in all things, He is our Provider!