Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday

Not sure if this counts since *I* didn't do the work, but can I have "partial credit" for it being on DaHubby's "honey do" list? LOL

Last summer, DaHubby tackled our crumbling brick porch and replaced it with a beautiful new deck. However, we were at a loss on what to do with the landscaping on the left side of the porch. So, it sat. With a icky pile of debris from construction being my eyesore all winter.

Then, with the help of some kind friends, we were able to acquire several pieces of 2-by-10's as well as several wheelbarrows full of rocks and, in the ultimate Dave Ramsey style, DaHubby made a clean-looking, beautiful rock garden for the cost of a $7 roll of weed barrier! LOL

Many, many thanks to DaHubby, his ingenuity, and his frugalness! Man, I love that guy! LOL

For more tackles, go here.

9 comments:

Karen said...

That looks so nice. Very neat and tidy.

Please ignore the popup on my blog it only shows up the first time you visit. Sorry.

http://karensopinion.com/2008/04/29/tackle-it-tuesday-7/

Minkydo said...

Great job! Kudos to you for doing it so cheaply.

Anonymous said...

That looks so much better! You should definitely take some credit for putting it on the list.

Amy said...

Wow- great tackle! I have an area in my yard, under a bay window, where I could really use this idea. We live in a construction zone, so I can probably get rocks for free. Thanks for sharing! :D

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

Your hubby truly did an excellent job. Good for him! (And you too!)

Lisa said...

Awesome job!!

Yes, you found me on PBS! Not too terribly creative with the nickname, but I'm easy to find!! I'll be your buddy! What is your nickname? Email it if you want.

How nice that little guy's still in the crib! Wyatt started climbing out at 18 months. So he was in a bed (on the floor) WAY earlier than I'd hope. But then he's done a lot of things that way. Like giving up napping at two... oh how I complained about that... LOL!

The Apron Queen said...

I say ~ It counts! :D

Great tackle. Been working in the sunflower garden myself. Come see!

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

Anonymous said...

That looks beautiful! WHat a difference!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! If someone you know is dividing their plants this spring, you could pop them in there. Landscaping for free!

Kathy D.