Friday, April 4, 2008

Plan A...B...C...D...oh, nevermind!

It was one of "those" days:

Change of plans for DaGrandparents meant I lost my mommy time and spent the day with the Vikings. Hardly a tragedy but a little disappointing (for them AND for me! LOL) to be honest.

Got my errands done (with Vikings in tow so it could twice as long) but got NONE of my "wish list" of fun catch-up activities done.

Dinner late and a little over done.

Tried to start a new fun "date night" tradition with the Vikings tonight, starting with Pojke. As a result, Flicka melted down since she wasn't included.

Then, Pojke refused to come with me, blew a fit on the front porch, and he insisted he wanted Daddy and Flicka.

Finally got him out to the van...to find a flat tire. *sigh*

Then, I got to clean up all the dog p**p in the yard (thanks to our four-legged house guest) and the Vikings could play in the yard.

All turned out fine obviously. DaHubby plugged the tire. Nothing on my to-do list (other than the laundry) was technically a "must." But, as a self-professed control nut, it just grinds me! LOL

Good note? DaHubby came home early while Vikings were napping (a DOUBLE blessing! *wink*) The tire is fixed without any cost. And, we all heading to our first homeschool conference 45 minutes away tomorrow! LOL

So, I'll be up late finishing the laundry and packing a picnic/brown bag lunch for our "road trip" tomorrow!

Actually, Plan E, F, and G weren't so bad after all!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

"Then, Pojke refused to come with me, blew a fit on the front porch, and he insisted he wanted Daddy and Flicka."


LOL...I could just see this happening! Sounds like how things go around here, sometimes!

GiBee said...

I saw this idea on Momrn2's blog, and thought it was awesome ... They choose one night a week as "date night" (say, Monday) and each time that day rolls around, they all do something...

For example: The first Monday of the month, mom goes out with son, daughter goes out with dad. Second Monday of the month, mom goes out with daughter, and son goes out with dad. Third Monday of month, it is a family date night where everyone goes out together. Fourth Monday of the month, it is a mom and dad only date night. Kids stay home together with a baby sitter of family member.

I just thought that sounded like a great game plan!!!