Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tuesday Tip Jar

Been out of the loop lately in my little corner of the blogosphere so just jumping back in (again) with a TTJ tip. This has worked well for me the last two years. While I'm not doing it this year, I would definitely still recommend it to anyone who asks.

Keeping in mind the economy and its effects on most everyone I know plus the added benefit of handmade vs. store-bought presents, in terms of extended family Christmas gifts, try giving everyone the same thing!

Two years ago, many of my extended family got an individual Christmas ornament picked out just for them. Last year, I went all crafty and made about about 12 to 15 corn pillows out of regular placemats from Big Lot for all the all the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and such.

Now, I'm about the frugal, homemade, and sincere. I'm not talking about taking this route only to make your life easier but it does have that added benefit since you can do all your gifts at once (either at home or in one store). In addition, for those of us on tight budgets, you have a relatively fixed cost of what to expect at the cash register.

For more TTJ's, go to Blogmommas today.

2 comments:

Aiming4Simple said...

You have some great ideas here. I'm all for keeping things simple!

Rebecca said...

These are great ideas! My Hubby does scroll sawing and so in past years he has made ornaments for family - this year he plans to do it again. It's less expensive and more personal when it is handmade too.

Happy Tuesday!
:)
Becki@BlogMommas