Friday, February 1, 2008

Week Three: Exercise Accountability Challenge

Well, we are at the end of week THREE of ten, ladies. We're nearly halfway there! Halfway to some new, good habits and halfway 'til Spring! Which I would REALLY like to start thinking about since we got blasted with another "snow dump" last night (another 6+ inches with more on the way) and all the schools are closed!

Just thought you'd like to know that as of last week, cumulatively we have put in nearly FOUR more hours of time then we had pledged thus far! And, that's awesome!


So, how are y'all doing? As for me, it's been a hard week here. Between caring for sickies and becoming a sickie myself in addition to DaHubby working from home this week, I lost one of my planned workouts and was unable to catch up before this morning. But, I still managed to get 70 of my 90 minutes completed.

So, leave a comment below on how many minutes you completed this week and let's make that TICKER CLIMB...or at least inch right-ward! *wink*! And, if you have stumbled across this challenge and are wondering "what in the world are these people up to?", check
here for an explanation. And, then here and here for our progress so far!

Blessings on everyone's weekend! And, get in an additional workout this weekend...you'll have fewer minutes to do next week! LOL

7 comments:

Pam said...

I had a sinking decline in the minutes this week. I'm at a mere 160, but that's sure better than what I was doing a month ago at this time.

Great work everybody!

sara said...

I was only able to do 141 minutes this week and that was a burden. Now that DH is no longer on vacation, I just don't have time for exercise or any other projects. I'm getting depressed. I'm supposed to be on the treadmill right now but instead I'm sitting here wondering if the baby is going to continue to fuss or if he's going to nap like he's supposed to.

Unashamed said...

I treadmilled 4 times this week for a total of 60 minutes. I did a LOT of extra spring cleaning this week too, though I didn't count it into my exercise total. I actually prefer housework to the treadmill, *snort*!

Lisa said...

I only did 80 minutes out of 100 this week! :-( Not a good fitness week for me. I didn't have any "good " reasons like you did either!! I will do better next week!!

Off to walk my 30 minutes as promised right now...

Happy Friday my friend!

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

exercised 5/7 days clocking up 245 minutes

took it easy this week as I had an accident on the weekend

and am back to walking as my bikes back wheel has split have to get a new one
Jen
http://my3boysandi.wordpress.com/exercise-challenge/

Anonymous said...

You can put me down for 130!

Shelby Ray said...

Did not do as good as I hoped; 60 minutes for the week.

Wanted to share with everyone a four part series that Joyce Meyers is teaching on right now called, "How To Be Healthy & Happy At The Same Time". If you can't watch it on TV you can log on to www.joycemeyers.org & listen to it on line, at your own convience (or download to an I-Pod). Each series is approx 25 minutes long. She covers the seven pillars of good health. The second pillar is exercise. They talk about how exercise helps detox the body, lowers the risk of cancer and many other diseases by flushing out the lymphatic system. There were many other benefits (too many to mention). There is also a series Joyce has just started called, "Health & Happiness". Have not listened to those yet.

I applaud all of you for your many minutes. Great job! I am always embarassed to report mine, but know that any amount is better than none.
Have a blessed weekend!