Thursday, February 28, 2008

Maybe it's the weather...

Brain-locked. Cabin fever. Survival mode.

And, I can SO relate to Karen's post recently where she said:
"But, I do feel like I have become more ’surface’ with the things I talk about here. I haven’t wrestled with much of anything meaningful in a long time.”

Other than my SIL's fight with leukemia (whose battle is not necessarily taking the path of least resistance), the biggest worry around here right now is coughing babies and Flicka's upcoming birthday party. With the exception of Peggy, not particularly earth-shattering. *sigh*


But, I've on more than one day after a morning busy with activities, errands, to-do's, or a combination of all of those can't help but sit down and be entirely exhausted at lunch time. And, I just can't get engaged or re-motivated through the afternoon...which should be my busiest time since the Vikings are taking their nap/quiet time.

And, I know I'm lacking downtime, time for my brain to percolate, work through "higher minded" issues because immediately upon leaving last night to run a couple errands after dinner with the Vikings are in the capable hands of DaHubby, I immediately starting thinking of more "deep" thoughts.

In the quiet of the car and the quiet of the darkened evening, everything came tumbling in for no apparent reason...thoughts about the possibility of a third child, for example. And, that I need to lose all fear, anxiety, and worry of the future since (according to Chris Tomlin):
The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine

By the time the kids are in bed, I fall onto the couch or into bed with little interest in reading or other quiet pursuits because I can barely keep my eyes open. Plus, it is often the only time DaHubby and I get to talk.


So, I decided my brain just needs a retreat! LOL But, I haven't quite figured out how to make that happen since a momma's 24-7 job is never done and there's always something to clean up, someone to feed, or someone to keep from jumping off the couch! LOL

But, I did get a glimpse of God's promise and reminder that He will always care for me and I have nothing to fear or fret about in Tomlin's song on the car radio. As for the third child issue, well, that's definitely more up to God than us since DaHubby and I are too exhausted to even think about it! LOL

2 comments:

Karen said...

Survival mode is exactly the way to describe it! Here's hoping that we both come out of that funk soon!

purchase tablets online said...

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I value your honesty and will respond as quickly as possible.