Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Thank-You Journal

I'm currently in a Bible study on Wednesday mornings that's reading "The Power of a Positive Mom". One of the suggestions in the first half of the book is to cultivate an "attitude of gratitude" in your kids.

I have been meaning to start it with the Vikings back when I read it the first time but we're still finding our groove with first-grade worksheets/reading homework, the Sunday school worksheet (aka "God Time" sheet), and Bible memorization.

So, tonight, DaHubby was able to pick up some of my slack and grabbed Pojke for a pre-bedtime book so I could do Flicka's "God Time" exercise for the evening. So, I impulsively grabbed a small spiral notebook and when I went to tuck my little raiders in, I asked them to tell me 3 things they were thankful for.

Pojke: God, toys, and for replacing the burned-out bulb in his bedroom ceiling light. (LOL)

Flicka: for taking them to the Y swimming tonight, for meeting new people, and for being able to "help" me teach 3rd grade Sunday school this morning. (Awww.)


So, today I'm thankful that this exercise was initially successful. I'm also thankful for DaHubby pitching in, and for being able to get a peek into the Vikings' hearts.

What are YOU thankful for today?

No comments: