Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day One Begun Thankfully

Off and on for the last few years, I've been the home base for the "30 Days of Thanksgiving." I let it slide in 2008 and 2009 but feel I need to do a derivative of it for 2010.

Originally, the idea was to create a list of 30 people to send a snail mail, email, text, something to once a day for 30 days to say thank you for the part they played in your life. Instead, I'm going to attempt to blog everyday for 30 days and create a sort of online gratitude journal from now until Thanksgiving. Think of it as a Thursday Thanks Tank every day for a month.

There is much chaos around the Viking Hus these days. It'll take many, many posts to get everyone caught up on the last 5 months of our lives. Know that we are all fine but there are many struggles, stress, and changes on the horizon.

So, for today, I am incredibly thankful for my hubby. He continues to work his tail off and does us proud. He graduated in May in the top 5 of his class. He landed a temp job that he is currently working midnights learning the ropes at one of our local nuclear plants. Then, after a half dozen initial interviews, he landed a full time operations job with the largest owner/operator of nuclear plants in the United States that he begins in January.

He still makes my tummy do loop-dee-loops with his smile and his laugh. And, I can't smile any bigger or be any prouder because of the sheer joy on his face when he plays piano for praise and worship. He's truly the smartest man I think I've ever met - he can build anything and has become a near-savant when it comes to math. LOL

I barely remember my life before him, can't imagine walking through this life without him, and look forward to growing old with him in the future.

I love you, handsome. You're the best.

No comments: