Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Jobs found

I don't think it's any big news to anyone that this recent economy stinks. And, it's no big shocker that Michigan has gotten hit with more than its fair share of the bad news. Finally, the county I live in has one of the highest unemployment rates in Western Michigan. And, my county's rate has been higher than all but four of the counties in the Upper Peninsula.

Nearly every block around my neighborhood has 3-5 houses for sale, many left vacant either through foreclosure or someone who's moved on to their new home and is paying double mortgages.

Yet, this family is still praising God that, despite DaHubby's layoff in early February, we are current on all but one bill - and that creditor is aware of the problem and is working with us. In addition, due to our Dave Ramsey training, we still have NO credit cards and have created NO new debt during the last 8 months.

Our extended family has also been hit by the financial squeeze but, like I mentioned yesterday, the tide is turning to better news. Just this week, I found out that DaHubby isn't the only one with a new upcoming job! My sister-in-law and my niece both have new employment.

And, for today, I am heartily grateful for that.

What are YOU grateful for today?

No comments: