Sunday, October 24, 2010

Stick-to-it-tive-ness

Very appreciative of a few of DaHubby's many good traits today.

One of my favorite things about him is his musical ability. It calms him, challenges him, and brings him (and those around him) a lot of joy. Watching him play is almost as fun as listening to what he's playing.

Before we met, one of the things high on my future-husband priority list (LOL) was someone that would help fill my future home with music. DaHubby does that and much more.


However, today I'm full of respect for that man o' mine for another reason. He's working his tail off lately. Working midnights. Working a very physical, very tiring job. Working 10 hour shifts, 6 days a week. And, yet, he has not missed one praise and worship assignment he was given this month.

He's been scheduled for 5 or 6 services this month. This means, more often than not, he comes home exhausted at 7am, catches about an hour of sleep and then spends the next 2-3 hours serving the Lord and our congregation. While I worry about him like a momma bear, I couldn't be prouder.

So, today I'm thankful for a man who works hard, keeps his word, and shares his gift for God's glory.

What are YOU thankful for today?

No comments: