Friday, September 28, 2007

What did we do before...

...digital photography? LOL

Of course I have photos from my family going back 60+ years. And, I have black and white photos taken with my first camera when I was about 8. And, I took many, many, MANY photos with my little 35mm camera during high school, college, and beyond.

But, now as a parent, can I *really* be all that shocked by MSNBC's claim earlier this month that kids now are the most documented generation EVER!? LOL

DaHubby and I often moan when one (or both) of the Vikings do something particularly cute that we don't have a digital video camera. If it was up to him and money wasn't an issue, we'd have a camera that did every but wash my dishes! LOL

So, we document e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g with our little digital camera...not wanting to miss a thing.

I had my little 35mm the weekend DaHubby and I met...and I "snuck" a pic of him to take home with me! LOL Then, more pics at our wedding, of course, a year later. We took a ton of pictures on our multi-hour drive to Ohio to pick up our brand new Corgi puppy from the breeder in 2001. Vacations. Holidays. And, the ever-present beautiful vistas which come with living in a town on the shores of Lake Michigan.

But, since the Vikings have arrived...it's become an almost uncontrollable thing! LOL On our recent trip to northern Michigan, the digital camera record photo #9575! That's nearly TEN THOUSAND pics in the last 4 years! LOL

No wonder MSNBC claims parents are drowning in photos! *wink*

Thus, the rise in the market of scrapbooking and its accompanying supplies. Creative Memories. Close To My Heart. Businesses who business is helping us DO something with all those pics! I'm a minor victim or that as well. LOL Then, the creation of online scrapbooking - which I haven't tried just yet!

But, I did stumble onto a website via PayPerPost that might stir some creativity in those who DO online scrapbook. Ritz Camera is a name I recognize from around here - they have stores locally as well as where my family is in the Detroit area. What I didn't know is that they maintain a page full of scrapbook page ideas.

So, for those of you drowning in photos like I am, there's another resource to give us a reason to put off housework for a few more minutes! LOL Enjoy!

1 comment:

Blog is no more said...

Hey Beth! Did you know QVC and HSN have boo-coos of scrapbook kits and things? They are all price ranges, but I got a kit several years ago that was $25 for a 1,000 piece set. Check out hsn.com and qvc.com.

I love scrapbooking, but haven't had too much time to do it. I need to sort my pics first, they are all...kinda...thrown in a box!!