Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My Psalm Insight For Today

(With my additions from my Bible's notes...)

Psalm 24.3-6
Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place?

He who has clean hands (guiltless actions)
and a pure heart (right attitudes and motives),
Who has not lifted up his soul to (worshipped or trusted in ) an idol,
Nor sworn deceitfully (including perjury - the willful giving of false testimony).

He shall receive blessing from the LORD, And righteousness from the God of his salvation. This [is] Jacob, the generation of those who seek Him, Who seek Your face.

Selah

How could ANY of us live up to these four simple requirements for an entire lifetime?

NO ONE - no, NOT ONE- deserve to go to heaven...but by the grace of the Lord!


"There but by the grace of God go I." - John Bradford

Try THAT on for size the next time you find yourself judging another person!

Wow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know that one of my constant battles is to not judge others. How quickly my mind will make a snap judgement and I will have to take that thought captive and rebuke it! Thank you for posting this. ((Hugs))