Monday, September 24, 2007

Home again, home again, jiggity jig!

Well, Flicka and I got home safely from our 11 hour round trip whirlwind to northern Michigan. We were visiting my girlfriend of 30+ years and her two daughters, C and M. As usual, she was a wonderful hostess, her home comfortable, her meals fantastic, and her children polite. While I'm not ready to consider juggling working full time like her, she is my idol for mommyhood and teacher-hood! LOL

And, for the first time ever, I actually filled the memory card in our digital camera! LOL So here are a few...

M driving (at a very low gear) with Flicka and C along for the ride Friday night!

We went to the nearby city's park...right on Lake Huron!

My girlfriend's rule for her daughters: if you can catch a seagull, you can take it home! LOL Thus, the chasing ensued! Gulls 1, Girls 0 *wink*
Fearless Flicka climbing to the top of a retired lighthouse.

And, why they would have had stockades at a lighthouse....we're not sure.

Throwing rocks into Lake Huron.
Rocky beaches are a BIG difference to our Lake Michigan sand!

Flicka and Mom and the top of ANOTHER lighthouse a little farther down the coast!
She and I were the only ones brave crazy enough to climb all 100+ steps of winding staircase AND go out on the catwalk into the wind! LOL

And, of course, LOTS of bike riding!

We had a wonderful time! The drive was tough on both of us (my back and her patience) so we're taking a day off from everything including homeschooling. We've been playing most of the morning (Pojke really missed both of us A LOT! LOL) and we will be going to head to the park in a bit.

It's good to be home!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Beth, it looks like you and Flicka had a wonderful time. I like to get away, but it's also nice to get back home to lots of hugs and kisses from the ones that I missed!

That is a great shot of you and Flicka on the top of the lighthouse. Such treasured memories the two of you made!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home! Your fearless Flicka reminds me of my daughter. She would have met the challenge of those stairs as well.

I am so glad you had such a nice time. Too b ad you couldn't bring hoe a gull...*giggles*

((Hugs))

Blog is no more said...

Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun! There is no place like home!

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,
What a joy to be able to visit your blog and see some of the pictures from your trip. Welcome to CHC and welcome back home.

Your new sister in Christ,
<>< Kelly (Kellyque)

Unashamed said...

Looks like you two had a great time! I love the pic of the sandy beach. That's what it looks like on this side of Lake Huron, *wink*!

GiBee said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a lot of fun! Welcome home!