Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Looking for beads or glasswork?

Have you been looking for beads for a crafty endeavor? Do you like decorative glass? Stained glass? Would you like to support a SAHM who started a business so she could stay home full time with her kids? Have I got a site for you!

I've been wanting to make two necklaces for the Vikings for when we would go to a large public place so they would have our contact info. It was an idea I got from FamilyFun magazine. I wanted to spell out in small beads (unreadable to a stranger from a distance but readable to a Good Samaritan) the following: "If found, please contact my parents at XXX-XXXX or XXX-XXXX"

So, after checking all around here at local craft stores, I've been scouring the internet the last few weeks trying to find beads with numbers on them. Letters are easy to come by but the numbers were proving more difficult.

Then, I found Johnna's Decorative Glass. While my beads were pretty simple, the other items at her sight are just gorgeous. She's incredibly customer-service oriented, her bead prices are reasonable, and I received my items TWO days later.

I immediately offered to give her a plug here to see if I could drum up some more business for her. So, if you are in the market for something like this, please consider visiting Johnna!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

She has a nice site. I went over and checked it out.

Please post pics when you get them finished. I love that idea!