Thursday, June 7, 2007

Thursday Thank Tank

Inspired by Peach...

1. Thankful for q-u-i-e-t: with two toddlers in the house, it's hard to come by! LOL And, there has been more of it since we turned off the cable in April. Fewer choices ON the tube means MORE choices around the house! *wink* But, there has been some extra moments this past week when this beautiful, sweet, heavy, silence falls over the house. *sigh* And, it's like salve to this tired mommy's soul!

2. Thankful for a mom who sends Dairy Queen gift certificates so her kid, son-in-law,and grandbabies can go get a treat together!

3. Thankful for a father-in-law who is a man of God, who is still an awesome preacher at 70+ years old, and (due to some extended family disputes this week) who is an amazing example of Christ's love.

4. Thankful...oh, so thankful...for a good result for Pojke's procedure this week. He's doing wonderfully.

5. Thankful for a hubby with a green thumb! Sooner than expected if they keep up this growth rate, I'm going to have more broccolli, cucumbers, onions, carrots, tomatoes, various peppers, and spices than I know what to do with!

6. Thankful for the "girls-only time" that Flicka and I spent strawberry picking yesterday morning.

7. And, thankful for the awesome taste of freshly-picked Michigan strawberries and sweet cherries! We are all drunk with it and licking our red-stained fingers...although I'm not looking forward to Pojke's diapers today! *wink*

8. Thankful for a friend of 30+ years who I can have not spoken with in months, who I can call at 9:30pm at night with a pressing question, and who will answer it and then spend an hour talking and catching up, and who ended the conversation with "I miss you." Miss you too, kiddo! We live too far apart! *wink*

9. Thankful for my 2 other long-distance friends who think nothing of having not spoken in person with me for quite a while but then do not hesitate to say "SURE!" when I ask via email for a personal and/or professional reference! LOL

10. Thankful for this bloggy outlet and the online support I continue to receive daily. You ladies bless me more than you know!

Visit Peach today (and wish her sweet Darling Prince happy birthday!) or see what the wonderful ladies at Sting My Heart are thankful for today!

7 comments:

Nise' said...

PTL for the good result of Pojke's procedure! I am thankful as well that I got to enjoy MI's strawberries before I left today cause they will not be here when I return! Thanks for sharing.

The Open Range Camping Family said...

Great list. How cool that you get DQ gift certificates!! Love that!

Deena Peterson said...

That was fun to read...and made me surprisingly hungry:-) Thanks for sharing!!

Denise said...

I enjoyed your thankful list.

Unashamed said...

Sounds like you had a better week this week, *smiling*. That's on MY list of things I am thankful for.

Blog is no more said...

Beth, your life is richly blessed! I loved reading your thankful list!

eph2810 said...

Hm - yummy - fresh veggies are the best. We used to grow cucumbers, but always has so many to eat on our own--so my hubby stopped growing them *sigh*.
I am glad that you find times of peace to refresh yourself. Time with the children is precious though. They grow up way to fast...
I love fresh fruit. Cool that you and your little girl had time to hand-pick some strawberries :)
Long-time friends is s precious thing to have. I just reconnected with one of mine.
Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.
Be blessed today and always.